March 12, 2017
I’m on the road a lot when it’s not tax season for two reasons: continuing education and family vacations. In 2017 I’m scheduled to go to:
- AICPA Engage Conference in Las Vegas June 10-14
- Alliance of Comprehensive Planners Annual Conference in San Antonio November 8-11
- At least 40 hours of tax updates on various days to be scheduled in the Fall, dates TBD
We also have family vacations:
Each April I take two week’s of vacation (one week-day for each week I worked without a day off in tax season) the moment tax season ends and am back by May 1st.
- In late June I’ll go camping in Michigan with my dad – no cell service whatsoever there! This is a re-occurring trip: this year it’s scheduled for June 14-June 20th, so, yes, I’m flying straight from Las Vegas to a rural campsite. Packing will be challenging for this trip.
- At some point each summer I’ll spend a week at Peaks Island – that time I’ll have my laptop and answer emails each day. This year I’m tentatively scheduled to be there July 7-15.
- Sammy will be heading off to college this year. I’ll probably take the week around August 21st-August 25th to get him set up at college and contemplate what the words “empty nest” mean.
- Because I usually host Thanksgiving, I don’t work the Wednesday or Friday then, but I do work the week between Christmas and New Year for urgent last minute planning purposes.
I also generally post what I’m up to on Facebook, too.